Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Joe Willie On The Shrimpbox: The Cell You Say!

Joe Willie On The Shrimpbox: The Cell You Say!

When did we become so darn improtant that we can't go anywhere without a cell phone. Do you really need to it take into church with you? There it is strapped to your side like a cowboy's six shooter for the whole world to see. "I'm so important! Look at me! I may need to take a call right here in Church!" Not me, Church time belongs to the Lord. I don't want to be told on Judgement Day that I missed something really important. "You know my son, I gave you an important word that would have changed your life, but NOOOOO! You had to take an important call during my time!"
How about these clowns that make calls during concerts? "Hey Junior! We're at the Tim and Faith Show! Listen to them sing! WOOOOO!" Put the the phone down and watch the concert!
You're not that important! When the music starts, put the phone away!
Now making or taking a call before the show is o.k. Nothing wrong with that! I better go now, I'm getting a call and the show's about to start. My buddy down 6 seats to my right wants me to look down his way.

No comments: