Monday, September 24, 2007

Joe Willie On The Shrimpbox: The Loudspeaker Isn't Loud Enough!

The Loudspeaker isn't loud enough! Glynn County has one of the finest high school stadiums in the country, yet we have a "K-Mart" sound system. Who put this in? I've been told that our school board spent a pretty penny on the stadium's sound. Someone apparently saw us coming!
We got ripped off! I've sat in the General admission section on the home side and I couldn't hear the announcer. I've sat across the field in the visitor's stands on the 50 yard line and I could barely hear the announcer. Most stadiums have speakers mounted throughout the stadium. That's not the case at Glynn County Stadium. Our brain trust installed all of the speakers on the press box. Oh yeah, you can hear Mister P.A. announcer in the reserved seat section, but you can hardly hear hear him anywhere else! Is that the plan? Want to hear the announcer?
Pay the price for the more expensive seats! Give the money that they spent on this and I'll go to Radio Shack and fix it myself! Well at least, we have free parking! Don't get me started on the poor planning of getting people out of the parking lot. Where were the traffic cops? Where were the school's resources officers? Maybe they should have been paged on the stadium's P.A. They probably were paged...they just couldn't hear it!

No comments: