Thursday, July 12, 2007

JOE WILLIE ON THE SHRIMPBOX: EVERYBODY'S GONE CAMPING?

When did we all get our backpacks out? It looks like we're all going camping or going for a hike. It looks like we can't go anywhere without a backpack. Is it just a replacement ladies use for a purse, or a way that a man can carry a purse and not have his sexuality questioned. And what is in these backpacks? My brother-in-law carries one. What's in it? I don't know. In fact, I may never know. Backpackers are very secretive about the contents of their bags. Is there a wallet in there? Isn't that what your back pocket is for? Maybe we have a lot of superheroes walking around with these backpacks filled with superhero stuff...like Batman's Bat Utility belt. Whatever you need is in reach. I say if I need to to haul a bunch of stuff...I'll do it the old fashioned way...carry a briefcase. It can double as my murse and no one will say the first thing about it.

No comments: