Monday, September 27, 2010

Joe Willie On The Shrimpbox: an idea about tolerance

My old friend Bubba Ray Smith has an idea about tolerance:

I am shocked that so many Americans are against building a mosque near Ground Zero.We should allow it, but in order to promote tolerance....

I propose that a country honky tonk and a hip hop club could bee opened next door to the mosque to promote tolerance in the mosque. We could call it "The Turban Cowboy" and "You Mecca Me Hot". Next door on the other side, could be a butcher shop that specializes in pork and pork products, and makes a nice lunchtime pulled pork sandwich. Then across the street, a very daring lingerie store, called "Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret”.

And, skin heads & white supremacists would be renting a store front tattoo parlor just above the butcher shop, which would of course be just a few feet down from the Armed Forces Recruiting Office … just a step or two from the VA administration office. To make the neighborhood and street complete I also propose that we build the largest Southern Baptist Church in the country with shared parking with the mosque, which must allow use of their parking lot for old fashioned tent revivals. You know.... just to promote that, “tolerance thing”!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Hell’s Angels are looking for a new area for a clubhouse…Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Yep, I know the perfect area. Hey, just trying to promote that tolerance thing. I’m a good person who has concerns for my fellow citizens… what can I say? If your tolerance promoting is similar to mine then by all means pass this along, especially to politicians everywhere.

Signed, Bubba Ray Smith, TPM (tolerance promoting manager) of the good ole US of A.

**This message was made in America without harming any cats or dogs…or fish… or horses, or cows or chickens or pigs or ferrets.

PS. Did I mention that the women from P.E.T.A. would be naked on every street corner raising awareness about the evils of wearing fur? Gosh I love this country….Wish everybody did.

No comments: