Thursday, February 24, 2011

Joe Willie On The Shrimpbox: "Biting the bullet on expenses"

Biting the bullet on expenses

It's tough but we all need to do our part. The President ordered the cabinet
to cut a whopping $100 million from the $3.5 trillion federal budget!

I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same thing
with my personal budget. I spend about $2000 a month on groceries, medicine,
bills, etc., but it's time to get out the budget cutting ax, go line by line
through my expenses, and go to work.

I'm going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio -1/35,000 of my total
budget. After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending $2000 a
month; I'm going to have to cut that number by six cents!

Yes, I'm going to have to get by with $1999.94, but that's what sacrifice is
all about.

I'll just have to do without some
things, that are, frankly, luxuries.

No comments: