Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Joe Willie On The Shrimpbox: "Waiting On The Doc"

A friend of mine sent this in:

"I went to see a doctor for a follow-up visit. I made the appointment 6 months ago at HIS convenience for 9:30 am. I show up for my appointment 10 minutes early. By 10 am still no sign of the doctor and there are three patients in front of me to see the same doctor. This is not the first time I had to wait for this doctor; the last time was more than 2 hours. I approached the window and asked if I would be charged for the visit if I left right then because I was there for my appointment and the doctor was not. She responded that they were terribly busy and that the doctor would get to me as soon as he could. Not good enough! I felt I was being held hostage by this doctor and told the receptionist that I was leaving; my time was just as valuable to me as the doctor's time was to him. I LEFT! This doctor's office would not be getting $200 from my insurance today. If more people did the same thing, maybe the doctors would stop making appointments 5 minutes apart and not treat us like dollar $ign$."

No comments: