Monday, March 2, 2009

Joe WIllie On The Shrimpbox: This Is Priceless!

THIS IS PRICELESS!!???
> After being interviewed by the school administration, the
> teaching prospect said, 'Let me see if I've got this
> right: 'You want me to go into that room with all those
> kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for
> signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their
> T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.
> You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war
> on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their
> sense of self esteem and personal pride. 'You want me to
> teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship
> and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a
> checkbook, and apply for a job. You want me to check their
> heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and
> make sure that they all pass the state exams. 'You want?
> me to provide them with an equal education regardless of
> their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their
> parents by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.
> 'You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a
> blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and
> a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps.?? You
> want me to do all this and then you tell me.................

>
> ???????? 'I CAN'T PRAY?'