Monday, February 18, 2008

Joe Willie On The Shrimpbox: "The Price of Gas."

Joe Willie On The Shrimpbox: The price of gas.

I've often said that one of the signs of getting middle-aged is when you start talking about the price of gas. Well, hold on!
Not only am I talking about it, I'm ticked off about it! Mighty curious that the price just jumped up a good bit just in time for the warmer weather. What are we gonna do? Not a darn thing!
We'll still drive the same amount, and we'll still drive at a high rate of speed which equals a higher rate of gas consumption than if we drove sensibly. The oil companies have us by the short hairs. We're addicted. Just like a crack addict needs that fix, we gotta have the petrol! The oil companies had all kinds of reasons for huge increases at the pump: hurricanes,
tornados, locusts, global warming, the war in Iraq, etc... Bottom line, these scoundrels had their best year ever! We're talking record profits at our expense. Sure, Congress "looked" into it; but they didn't do a thing. Wouldn't be prudent!
Big oil puts a lot of money into a lot of campaign funds. With the technology that we come up with it, you'd think that we'd have more alternative sources of fuel to push our big trucks and fast cars. How about an engine that runs on tap water?
There's hydrogen in that stuff Jethro! Ought to be enough to make the GTO go! Imagine if we could run the SUV off of pee!
There wouldn't be a beer swilling redneck in Georgia without a full tank in his truck! "Hey Bubba we're down to a quarter tank, we better stop at the liquor store and get another case of Bud so we can fill up the Silverado." Somebody told me to quit complaining and to drive a smaller vehicle. Don't thinks so! I'm a big-boned South Georgia Portagee Redneck that needs to be comfortable when I drive! I've driven enough small clown-size cars in my life-time. Besides, I'm now 46. It is my duty as a middle-aged man to complain about the price of gas.
My Daddy did it, and is still doing it. One day my son, JoJo, will do it. Remember now more than ever: fill it, but don't spill it!

No comments: